Monday, November 8, 2010

Dusquane Light Company Utility Bread, 50/50 wheat bread

  This bread is another try at the soy rich, dried milk rich whole wheat variation of the Dusquene Light Company bread seen here before. This time I used agave syrup instead of honey. It didn't work as well as I had anticipated. The honey really comes through and the agave syrup does not. I miss the flavor. I used one envelope of dry milk powder for this batch. I started with 500 grams of aged poolish from the refrigerator. This is 50 percent water and 50 percent by weight white bread flour with a pinch of yeast, mixed and let rise till double or so and then refrigerated until needed. It really looked yucky when I took it out of the refrigerator but the bread came out almost great. I rolled the loaves in a 5-grain cereal mix with added oatmeal for looks. There is some of the cereal in the bread also. The full recipe is posted elsewhere on this blog. http://johnsbread.blogspot.com/2009_11_01_archive.html

Posted by Picasa

No comments: